Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dawn of the 'OLDE AGE'


The brighter the light of the so-called "New Age" gets, the clearer it becomes that we are at the re-birth of the 'Olde ways.' I couldn't be happier! Let the world return to the days of magick, sorcery, wizards, witches, cunning-folk, dragons, beastly familiars and the olde gods.

These days the average enchanter bears little resemblance to her counterpart of ancient times. Technological advances have transformed the world in fantastical ways. I embrace the very new as easily as the very olde. And why not? There is a sort of 'magick' happening every time we use our cell phones. Let us use ALL technologies at hand to sculpt our lives into the masterpiece of our choice.

You would think that the lords of science would have vanquished the olde ways long before this 21st century ever saw the light of day. But, look! The magickal, mystical aspects of life have more adherents today than ever before! As far as I am concerned, THAT is as good a "Good News" as anything the Christians can offer. On that score, as a former devout Christian leader, I can say without equivocation that a Pagan or Gnostic path is best for me.  My path does not generate an irrational guilt that must then be forgiven and atoned for. Secondly, my relationship with SPIRIT (insert whatever word for the Supreme Being you prefer) is intimate and direct. It does not require an intercessor. The olde ways, adjusted for the modern mind, suit me just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment