Saturday, February 18, 2012

Working With POWER


As a veteran of many coven rituals, workings, sabbats, esbats, etc., my main issue with them as magickal workings was that most times we were just going through the motions. Yeah, this one calls the corners, that one invokes the God/Goddess and so on. For people who are sensitive to subtle energies and who want to intensify the power playing at their rituals, your garden variety Sabbat observance can be pretty disappointing. They are often lackluster events - for me anyway. I like to feel the power move, surge, peak and ebb.
These days I work exclusively solo but let me make a few suggestions for anyone doing group rituals.

  1. TAKE YOUR TIME!  Practitioners tend to run through their ritual script, each one reading their parts, and there is seldom sufficient time allowed for really FEELING the inner workings of the rite. If you invoke the God  take TIME to FEEL his presence, to SEE him appear in your mind's eye. Use your inner senses to feel what's going on energetically, viscerally. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you shouldn't use notes or read passages from paper - that's fine, but what I am saying is that you will get so much more out of your rituals if you allow lots of time to sense, feel direct and absorb the energies swirling around this event. Don't rush it!
  2. Typically, there is a range of skill and experience levels participating in your workings. That sort of diverse 'family style' activity is perfectly fine but even spiritually younger ones should be made aware that any sort of witchcraft will only be effective to the degree that you are directing, sensing, flowing ENERGY, aka POWER. In my opinion any age, skill or experience level can contribute something to the group energetically.
My advice to young witches and wizards everywhere is this: remember that its all about ENERGY. Wands and robes and other accoutrements can be wonderful tools if . . . IF . . . they are empowered and directed my the magick worker accordingly. Never lose sight of the whole unseen, invisible action going on in your workings. It really is worth every effort you put in to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment